Tuesday, July 15, 2008

standing on the edge of something large

One of my favorite Crowder songs is "what a glorious day". the song starts off with these lyrics:

I'm so tired of little gods while standing on the edge of something large
standing here so close to you, i could be consumed...what a glorious day
.

The last three weeks have been the most intense weeks of my life in my spiritual journey. I have been teaching on Ephesians 6 (armor of God) at New Community. Not your typical mid-summer message series. Instead of dumbing down our teaching and coasting through the summer, we decided to teach some deep, hard stuff to our community. WOW, what an amazing three weeks we shared.

During this series, we have been attacked on every front because of our efforts to push back darkness and bring the truths of the scripture to the forefronts of everyones mind. What is so amazing is that this teaching is a new one for most of our people...and a new teaching/understanding for me as a christ-follower and as a pastor.

God is moving, shaping and forming me in ways that i didnt know was possible. And because of His Spirit living in me and protecting me, i am experiencing new life, new creation, full restoration of who i was meant to be.

Most of my life has been consumed with "little gods". I have always stood on the edge of God's overwhelming power to bring life-change and now i am consumed by Him through Jesus. What a glorious day!

No comments: