Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Prayer Devotion Day 3

Wednesday is always a hard day for me. Monday's are follow up day's for everyone who attended NC on Sunday and Tuesdays are our team meeting days where we get stuff accomplished as a staff. So, Wednesday gets here and my temptation is to just get cracking on work, and not take time to connect with God.

It's hard for me to focus some quiet time to talk with God. My mind is racing with all the things i need to do because my work week will be over in 48 hours from now. Even if i wanted to be quiet and pray to God, it will be difficult to focus.

Anyone been there?

Here is my solution for this obsticle. I journal my prayer.

I have a journal, it sits on my desk. And when I can not focus my mind to pray, i have found that if i write my prayer down...my mind doesn't wander.

Maybe today or tomorrow, you can read Matthew 6:9-13 a couple of times and then rewrite it in your own words. Literally, get a pen and paper and write down how you would pray it in your own unique way. This accomplishes two things.

1. You are reading the scriptures.
2. You are focusing your prayer through the discipline of writting it down.

This helps me when i feel like i have too much to do. And when i am finished, i am always thankful that i took the time to engage with my heavenly Father.

Here's the scripture: read it, write it in your own words.
Matthew 6:9-13 (New International Version)
9"This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11Give us today our daily bread. 12Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.[
a]'

grace and peace...

No comments: