Monday, November 1, 2010

If you missed church on Sunday

So, if you missed church this past Sunday, you missed me letting everyone know that I will be taking a one month Sabbatical (extended time off for renewal). This was a difficult decision but the timing could not be better for me and for my family. This is also not unsual for the leader to take an extended break to rest and re-charge.

The Why behind the What?
  • It has been an amazing 3.5 year run here at NC and we have seen God start a church with 11 families in February 2007 and now over 700 people call New Community their church home.
  • During the past 3.5 years, we have run wide open and we are at the point where we need to step back to rest, refuel and realign. Quite frankly, i'm exhausted and as a family we need to re-establish some healthy rhythms as a family as we prepare for baby #5.
  • We are strong as a Church so now is a good time to take an extended break. Our Staff and Leadership Teams will not only carry NC forward, but i expect God to show up in big ways as his scriptures promise and we will see spiritual, relational, numerical and financial growth throughout November.
  • The next 3-5 year run at NC is going to be exciting and intense, so before we roll that out in January, my family and I need to get re-charged and ready for God to do amazing things.

Starting today, I will be unavailable (i know, crazy). My email will be forwarded to my administrator and I will not be returning voicemail unless it is of a personal matter. If you have an emergency, Stephen our staff pastor, is available to you along with our staff. The month of November will be an exciting month for New Community so I encourage each of you to show up and see what God is up with with our Christmas Offering and with our Thanksgiving Series: Grattitude.

I will be back in the office on December 1st and back on the stage teaching on December 5th to launch our Christmas Series. Until then, you can follow me on Facebook as I update everyone on how things are going and what I am learning.

I love each of you dearly and I look forward to seeing you in one month.

Grace and Peace...

Chris and Dawn.

No comments: