Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Unleashing the Fury

I walked in to the Collegiate Grill today ready to roll like yesterday, fast paced but nothing too scary. When I stepped back to the grill, this is what was in front of me:





This is the order that is waiting before the store even openned (20 call ins before 11 am). When it rains in Gainesville, apparently everyone calls their orders in and has them delivered. Not to mention, 2 jury pools from the courthouse showed up along with hundreds of others. I didn't think it was possible to double the amout of food we prepared yesterday, but today we cranked out twice as much as we did yesterday. It was INSANE.


After the lunch crowd emptied at 2 pm, it was time for us to eat. Jeff let me step up to the grill and cook my own burger (because the place was empty). I thought Five Guys was good, but when one you sink your teeth in to one of these...you realized there is no comparison. A made to order Bacon Cheeseburger with Grilled Onions, ketchup and mustard. mmmm good.







I ate and then headed home to hang with the kids.

Tomorrow, after i drop the kids off at school, I am going to hit a coffee shop before going to the grill to begin reading through the proverbs and the book of John. I am expecting God to teach me some new things and give me fresh insight to his Word.

Day three of my sabbatical was good.

No comments: